Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Roman Rytov <rr...@entopia.com> on 2003/06/15 14:10:09 UTC

[JELLY] is Jelly still alive?

I just found latest distributive is dated by 06-Sep-2002

Re: [JELLY] is Jelly still alive?

Posted by Paul Libbrecht <pa...@activemath.org>.
I think an intersting information to obtain before something like plans
for the future would be a poll like "How do you use Jelly ?"...
I think being aware of applications would help any developer...

Paul

Posted by Peter Royal <pr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Paul Libbrecht <pa...@activemath.org>.

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
On Sunday, June 22, 2003, at 09:05 PM, Peter Royal wrote:

> On Sunday, June 22, 2003, at 03:58  PM, robert burrell donkin wrote:
>> i feel very strongly that jelly and jexl releases should be made
>> available out ASAP (even if they are only 0.1 or an alpha releases). i
>> feel a little guilty since jelly and jexl should have been released soon
>> after promotion but i supported them without subsequently pushing for an
>> immediate release.
>>
>> IHMO every commons component should have some sort of official release
>> available. many other people agree and feel that in future only
>> components which will make a release available very soon after promotion
>> will be voted in.
>
> I'd like to get jexl's tests working before making a release of either (I
> spoke to someone the other day who has patches to fix, so it shouldn't
> take long). I hope to make a test release of both available this week
> (especially since i'll be offline for the following two weeks after that.
> .)

cool.

i've cut more than a few releases in the commons. i'll monitor the jelly
and jexl traffic so if you have any questions post them and i'll try to
answer them. you might find http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/releases/
contains some useful information about the way that releases usually
happen here.

- robert

Re: [JELLY] is Jelly still alive?

Posted by Peter Royal <pr...@apache.org>.

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.

Posted by Peter Royal <pr...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Mark R. Diggory" <md...@latte.harvard.edu>.
Because Jelly is primarily a commons subcomponent used in other
projects, I believe most users are working with the cvs checkout directly.

-Mark