Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Douglas Bitting <Do...@agile.com> on 2002/10/22 19:40:04 UTC

RE: Loading external schemas into WSDL... (PATCH included)

Tom,

Thanks for the reply.  I did see the static WSDL support.  However, it looked like specifying static WSDL defeated any and all WSDL generation.  There
are certain aspects of the WSDL generation that I do not want to override.  Specifically, the
"/wsdl:definitions/wsdl:service/wsdl:port/wsdlsoap:address" element should always use the request URL as the basis for specifying the location
attribute.  If I specify a static WSDL, then this dynamic generation of the "wsdlsoap:address" element is defeated, which is a significant issue for
me (I'm delivering pre-packaged web services, but don't control where they are deployed).

Perhaps another mechanism for acheiving my goal is to include some directive that indicates that the wsdlsoap:address element should always be
dynamically generated, even if the element is present in statically defined WSDL.

Is one approach better than the other?  I would never describe myself as a WSDL expert, so I couldn't tell if one approach was signicantly more
challenging/risky/useful than the other.

I'm having trouble w/ Bugzilla at the moment, but attached please find the necessary diffs to include the functionality described in my original
email.  Please let me know if you'd like me to also post this to Bugzilla once I'm able...

Please Note: The set of patches attached to this message also contains one other minor fix.  Namely, when setting up the emitter w/in
providers.java.JavaProvider (line ~450 of v1.89), the TypeMapping was always setup for Constants.URI_DEFAULT_SOAP_ENC.  However, I think this is in
error and that it should be setup for style.getEncoding() since the default encoding for doc/lit services is "".

Thanks,
--Doug