Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "Steven W. Orr" <st...@syslang.net> on 2012/10/05 18:21:24 UTC

How can I get SA to tell me what CLAMAV found?

I have SA running and configured to call clamav.cf My mail server checks the
incoming messages by running SA as a milter, so the spam is rejected before
reception completes. My mail logfile for a specific message might look like this:

Oct  5 11:30:01 saturn sendmail[20656]: q95FTj2G020656: Milter add: header:
autolearn=spam version=3.3.2 country=IR

but I'd like to know which CLAMAV virus was the trigger. Is there a way to get
output somewhere that tells me which signature(s) fired?

TIA

steveo at syslang.net

Re: How can I get SA to tell me what CLAMAV found?

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <KM...@PCCC.com>.
On 10/5/2012 12:21 PM, Steven W. Orr wrote:
> I have SA running and configured to call clamav.cf My mail server
> checks the incoming messages by running SA as a milter, so the spam is
> rejected before reception completes. My mail logfile for a specific
> message might look like this:
>
> Oct  5 11:30:01 saturn sendmail[20656]: q95FTj2G020656: Milter add:
> header: X-Spam-Status: Yes, score=28.0 required=5.0
> tests=BAYES_99,CLAMAV,\n\tDATE_IN_PAST_06_12,FSL_HELO_NON_FQDN_1,HTML_MESSAGE,RCVD_IN_PBL,RCVD_IN_XBL,\n\tRDNS_NONE,UNPARSEABLE_RELAY,URIBL_BLACK,URIBL_JP_SURBL,URIBL_PH_SURBL,\n\tURIBL_WS_SURBL
> autolearn=spam version=3.3.2 country=IR
>
> but I'd like to know which CLAMAV virus was the trigger. Is there a
> way to get output somewhere that tells me which signature(s) fired?
>
> TIA

The clamav plug-in is unsupported but I believe it only logs to a header
which you don't have because you rejected the email.

You could try changing the line

   dbg("ClamAV: result - $header");

To instead read info("ClamAV: result - $header");

Not sure where or if that will end up logging the info you want somewhere so you might be best off turning on the ClamAV debug channel http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/DebugChannels i.e. -D ClamAV should work.

regards,
KAM

Re: How can I get SA to tell me what CLAMAV found?

Posted by da...@chaosreigns.com.
On 10/05, Steven W. Orr wrote:
> but I'd like to know which CLAMAV virus was the trigger. Is there a
> way to get output somewhere that tells me which signature(s) fired?

Ask the clamav people?

--
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create
the universe." - Carl Sagan