Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Armin Waibel <ar...@apache.org> on 2007/02/01 02:25:05 UTC

Re: OJB code fix contribution.

Hi,

Virgo Smart wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We have done a code fix affecting around 3 files to solve a object
> materialization related issue we had faced some time back. The fix
> allows us to create instances of right classes within the class
> hierarchy during the materialization of objects (with "TPS" and "TPS
> using hierarchy" strategies configurations).
>
> We wish to contribute the code fixes to the Apache OJB forum. We have
> gone through the information on Individual Contributor License
> Agreement and Corporate CLA and understand the necessity to sign and
> submit these prior to any contribution activities.
>
> Are there any other guidelines/pre-requisites that need to be
> understood/followed ?

If you wish to contribute a patch, I don't know about any "special"
guidelines/pre-requisites. Best way is to create an issue in JIRA
(http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OJB) and to attach the patched
files (or the diffs). Please make sure that the patch is compatible with
the source of the latest version from SVN (OJB_1_0_RELEASE branch).

> Additionally, can an individual submit code on behalf of the actual
> contributor ?

Not sure whether I understand you correctly. It's not possible to check
in files (to SVN) on behalf of an committer (you need an committer account).

regards,
Armin