Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Franz Fehringer <fe...@isogmbh.de> on 2006/08/11 10:26:49 UTC

Maven2 versus JAXB2 (on ibiblio)

Hello,

Are there any current activities for enabling JAXB2 support in Maven2?
In http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2/javax/xml/ there are jaxb-api jaxb-impl
jaxb-xjc, but they still contain only 2.0EA3.
Since 17. of july there is an additional subdirectory bind, but there
are several things wrong/missing with this:

    * jaxb-impl and jaxb-xjc are missing.
    * version is 2.0; 2.0.1 and 2.0.2 have appeared in the meantime.
    * it has been mentioned on this list, that the location
      javax/xml/bind is wrong, javax/xml is the correct one.

Will there be any progress/cleanup for this?

Thanks and best regards

Franz

Re: Maven2 versus JAXB2 (on ibiblio)

Posted by Franz Fehringer <fe...@isogmbh.de>.
First thanks and second i would like to apologize, if my mail was too harsh.

Franz

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.
The reference API is under javax.xml.bind in
http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2/javax/xml/bind/ and sun implementation
under com.sun.xml.bind

On 8/11/06, Franz Fehringer <fe...@isogmbh.de> wrote:
> I am not interested in "javax.xml instead of java.xml.bind", i am only
> interested in a working (and current) Maven2/JAXB2 combination (and a
> fix for MNG-2305).
>
> Greetings
>
> Franz
>

> Wayne Fay schrieb:
> > You should probably file the "javax.xml instead of java.xml.bind"
> > issue on JIRA under MEV if you actually expect someone to "fix" it.
> >
> > Otherwise its just lots of talk on the Users list...
> >
> > Wayne
> >
> > On 8/11/06, Franz Fehringer <fe...@isogmbh.de> wrote:
> >>

> >> IIUC the point was, that the groupId should be javax.xml and not
> >> java.xml.bind (the link given for this currently yields Application
> >> error
> >> (Rails)) .
> >> I reported the proxies/settings.xml error as MNG-2305.
> >>

> >> Greetings
> >>
> >> Franz
> >>
> >> Malachi de Ælfweald schrieb:
> >> Yeah, I definitely agree that it should be under javax instead of
> >> com.sun --
> >> but that's just because com.sun is supposedly reserved for Sun internal;
> >> whereas javax is reserved for JCP-authorized extensions.
> >>
> >> Regarding the proxy bit..  So it seems like the correct solution
> >> would be if
> >> there is a way we can setup ibilio to MIRROR the java.net archive;
> >> instead
> >> of maintaining seperate copies...? Or for whatever process delivers
> >> it to
> >> java.net to deliver it to ibiblio as well....  hmmm...
> >>
> >> BTW: Have you reported the Maven bug?
> >>

> >> Malachi

> >> "com.sun.xml" only. See also
> >> http://www.mavenregistry.com/search/artifacts?hl=en&q=jsr173&btnG=Search+Registry

> >> first

> >> per the

> >> Maven2?
> >> jaxb-api jaxb-impl
> >> there

I could give you my word as a Spaniard.
No good. I've known too many Spaniards.
                             -- The Princess Bride

Re: Maven2 versus JAXB2 (on ibiblio)

Posted by Franz Fehringer <fe...@isogmbh.de>.

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Franz Fehringer <fe...@isogmbh.de>.

Posted by Malachi de Ælfweald <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Franz Fehringer <fe...@isogmbh.de>.

Posted by Malachi de Ælfweald <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.
Kohsuke is right, although old stuff may be under javax.xml and
com.sun.xml we see better fit under javax.xml.something and as they
manage com.sun.* they can do however they want there (and we are not
involved in this later case).

Posted by Kohsuke Kawaguchi <Ko...@Sun.COM>.