Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Hahn Kurt (CHA)" <ku...@etat.ge.ch> on 2002/08/09 09:48:50 UTC

Use value from a form: Is Request-Generator what I need?

Hi,
I would like to use a value from a HTML-form (post-method) in a query. I
guess this is possible in Cocoon, but I can't see how. I was reading the
description of the Request-Generator, but I'm not sure if this is what I
need. Can anybody give me a general direction where I have to look, or maybe
point me to a good example?
(I already have a Cocoon-system up and running)
Thanks

Re: Use value from a form: Is Request-Generator what I need?

Posted by Christian Haul <ha...@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>.
On 09.Aug.2002 -- 09:48 AM, Hahn Kurt (CHA) wrote:
> Hi,
> I would like to use a value from a HTML-form (post-method) in a query. I
> guess this is possible in Cocoon, but I can't see how. I was reading the
> description of the Request-Generator, but I'm not sure if this is what I
> need. Can anybody give me a general direction where I have to look, or maybe
> point me to a good example?

Actually, options are too various to list them all. Here are some of them:
*) xsp + logicsheets: esql + request
*) DatabaseSelectAction(s) and friends
*) SQLTransformer
*) Custom Action
*) ...

The examples contain quite a lot of this. Look at the "Employee" examples,
the tutorial, the "Modular Database Actions" example. The example for
the SQLTransformer does not use parameters IMO, but the docs should
explain how to do it.

	Chris.
--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l