Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Lars Eilebrecht <La...@unix-ag.org> on 1997/11/30 23:12:33 UTC

bogus resource.h on Alpha-Linux

Hi,

the last two days I had the chance to play around with a 500Mhz Alpha
on which I installed Alpha-Linux (Redhat)... Apart from other
important things (eg. playing Quake ;-) I tested Apache on it.

To compile Apache I had to remove the HAVE_SYS_RESOURCE_H define,
because the current versin of Alpha-Linux still has some problems
with its resource stuff (resource.h, resoucebits.h etc.).
I think it is a known problem of Alpha-Linux...

My question is, should we wrap "#define HAVE_SYS_RESOURCE_H" with
"#ifndef __alpha__" until it is known to work?

Apart from the resource.h problems Apache performed very well on
the Alpha box.

ciao...
--
Lars Eilebrecht                       - Collect 1000 of these lines, and
sfx@unix-ag.org                     - you'll have a large FREE BONUS FILE!

Re: bogus resource.h on Alpha-Linux

Posted by Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org>.
Yeah I've run into this on the alpha-linux box I use to test things on...
but clearly I haven't tested enough recently :)  The problem is a
glibc-1.99 problem, and should be fixed by later glibcs... which
unfortunately doesn't help the redhat-4.x based alpha systems.  I just got
redhat 5.0 in the mail, so there is an upgrade path.

I'd rather not remove the HAVE_SYS_RESOURCE_H definition based entirely on
__alpha__ in the linux section because it won't let people with the
correct lib/kernels use the resource settings.  I'm not sure if there's
another #define we can use to find out what glibc version is in use...

Dean