Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Anton Hughes <ku...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/03 01:49:39 UTC

Vramel or modifying Camel

Hi

I am currently developing a vert.x project, and am looking for how to
integrate Camel.

I recently came by https://github.com/wired-mind/Vramel - a port of Camel
to Vertx.

>From cursory look into Vramel, it seems to be mostly identical to Camel.

As I am not deeply familiar with the camel core and internals, I would be
interested to learn what, in Camel, would need to be modified so that it
can run using the vert.x bus and async model?

Thanks

Re: Vramel or modifying Camel

Posted by Anton Hughes <ku...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 3:58 PM, Henryk Konsek <he...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The threading model is in camel-core [1]. But I doubt if it can be easily
> replaced with the different implementation.

Thanks Henryk

What issues/challenges do you see in this task?

Re: Vramel or modifying Camel

Posted by Henryk Konsek <he...@gmail.com>.
Hi Anton,

The threading model is in camel-core [1]. But I doubt if it can be easily
replaced with the different implementation.

Cheers!

[1]
https://github.com/apache/camel/tree/master/camel-core/src/main/java/org/apache/camel

pon., 18.05.2015 o 11:44 użytkownik Anton Hughes <ku...@gmail.com>

Posted by Anton Hughes <ku...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Anton Hughes <ku...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
You can integrate the vert.x with Camel by implement the camel component API (which could be a more easy way to go), and we just have camel-vertx component[1] to do this kind of work.

[1]http://camel.apache.org/vertx.html

--
Willem Jiang

Red Hat, Inc.