Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Serge Eby <sd...@hotmail.com> on 2011/10/15 22:07:11 UTC

[T5.3.x] Service IDs Conflict

Hi,

In trying to upgrade an app to 5.3-beta-22, I ran into conflicting  service
ID names.
Here is an excerpt of the error message:

---- start snip -----
java.lang.RuntimeException: Service id 'sessionFactory' has already been
defined by
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.SessionFactoryImpl(boolean,
SessionPersistedObjectAnalyzer, HttpServletRequest) (at
SessionFactoryImpl.java:36) via
org.apache.tapestry5.services.TapestryModule.bind(ServiceBinder) (at
TapestryModule.java:303) and may not be redefined by
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.util.InternalUtils$11@447cc9c9. You should
rename one of the service builder methods.

---- end snip -----

The application uses tapestry-spring and I can see that there is a spring
bean  that conflicts with the new SessionFactory (internal) introduced in
5.3:

---- start snip -----
    <bean id="sessionFactory"
class="org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.annotation.AnnotationSessionFactoryBean">
        <property name="dataSource" ref="dataSource"/>
        <property name="configLocation"
value="classpath:hibernate.cfg.xml"/>
        <property name="hibernateProperties">
            <value>
                hibernate.dialect=${hibernate.dialect}
                hibernate.query.substitutions=true 'Y', false 'N'
                hibernate.cache.use_second_level_cache=true

hibernate.cache.provider_class=org.hibernate.cache.EhCacheProvider
            </value>

        </property>
    </bean>

---- end snip -----

I can try renaming this bean, however some users won't have that luxury.
My attempt to use ServiceOverrride / ServiceBinder / withId() did not work
:(

My question is: Is there a clean way to override the service IDs supplied by
Tapestry?

Thanks,

/Serge