Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by za...@vodafone.ie on 2003/09/03 21:02:43 UTC

Service startup on Axis startup

Hi,

is there way to initialize service on Axis startup. I deploy one service
and map it to class which look like this:

public class TestManager implements ServiceLifecycle {

        public void init(Object arg0) throws ServiceException {
                System.out.println("Init of TestManager called.");

        }

        public void destroy() {
                System.out.println("Destroy of TestManager called.");

        }

        public String echo(String msg)
        {
                System.out.println("echo of TestManager called. Message: " + msg);
                return msg;
        }

}

I wont init method to be called on Axis startup (which happenes on my web
server start-up, I'm using BEA WebLogic).

Thanks,
Zarko

The content of this e-mail may be privileged and/or confidential.
If you are not the addressee indicated in this message
(or responsible for delivery of the message to such person),
you may not copy or deliver this message to anyone. In such
case, you should destroy this message and kindly notify the
sender and postmaster@vodafone.ie by reply email.  Please
note that in such circumstances any review, dissemination,
disclosure, alteration, printing, copying or further transmission
of this e-mail and/or any file transmitted with it is prohibited
and may be unlawful. Please advise us immediately if you or
your employer do not consent to Internet email for messages
of this kind.  The opinions, conclusions and other information
in this message are of the author and shall be understood as
neither given nor endorsed by Vodafone Ireland Limited
unless it is otherwise indicated by an authorised representative
independent of this message.  Internet e-mail is
transmitted over the public internet over which Vodafone
Ireland Limited has no control.  As such, there is no guarantee that
(i) this e-mail will be delivered within a reasonable time or at all
(ii) this e-mail comes from the purported sender
(iii) this e-mail has not been intercepted by a third party
(iv) the contents of this e-mail are unaltered from the time of
transmission.  The presence of this footnote indicates that this
message (including its attachments) has been processed by an
automated anti-virus system; however it is the responsibility of
the recipient to ensure that the message (and attachments)
are safe and authorised for use in their environment.
Vodafone Ireland Ltd Directors: Peter Bamford Chairman (UK),
Pauline Best (UK), Paul Donovan Chief Executive (UK),
Gerry Fahy, Dermot Griffin, David Boorman, David Smithwhite(UK).
Registered in Ireland at MountainView, Leopardstown, Dublin 18.
Number 326967 VAT Reg No. IE6346967G