Posted to dev@perl.apache.org by Adam Prime <ad...@utoronto.ca> on 2010/08/05 20:40:08 UTC

Apache::Test on solaris

I had to install Apache::Test on these solaris machines at work to get
the test suite of A::SL to run, and i ran into a couple of quirks on the
sparc container that i was using.  I'm not sure if it's anything that
needs to be thought about, but i wanted to mention it in case it is.
The first time i ran make test i got this:

Ouch! ap_mm_create(1048576, "/work/var/httpd/httpd.mm.22733") failed
Error: MM: mm:core: failed to open semaphore file (Permission denied):
OS: No such file or directory

I fixed it by changing the permissions on the director to allow files to
get written.  I'm not sure if where this file gets created is up to A::T
or not, but i thought i'd mention it.

Adam

Re: Apache::Test on solaris

Posted by Adam Prime <ad...@utoronto.ca>.
On 10-08-05 02:58 PM, Philip M. Gollucci wrote:

> On 08/05/10 18:40, Adam Prime wrote:
>> I had to install Apache::Test on these solaris machines at work to get
>> the test suite of A::SL to run, and i ran into a couple of quirks on the
>> sparc container that i was using.  I'm not sure if it's anything that
>> needs to be thought about, but i wanted to mention it in case it is. The
>> first time i ran make test i got this:
> is this httpd 1.x or 2.x ?  If its 2.x how did you install mp2 without A-T ?

it's 1.3, i meant to mention that.  Though i'm had to install it on our
mp2 machine as well, it just went cleanly.  we have internal debian
packages for all this stuff, so i guess whoever made them omitted the
Apache::Test stuff, since theoretically you don't need it in production.

Adam

Re: Apache::Test on solaris

Posted by "Philip M. Gollucci" <pg...@p6m7g8.com>.