Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Michael Stahl <ms...@openoffice.org> on 2011/06/26 22:54:18 UTC

Yet Another Introduction

hi all,

another introduction: my name is Michael Stahl; my user name both at
openoffice.org and apache.org is "mst".

currently i'm employed by Oracle, but i am participating in Apache
OpenOffice.org as an individual, and anything i say is based only on my
own opinion; i do not speak for my employer in any way.

i am a member of the OASIS OpenDocument TC since ~2009, but i don't
speak for them either.

my work on OpenOffice.org started when i moved to Hamburg and joined Sun
in 2007, as a developer on the Writer/Framework team.

areas in OOo that i used to maintain include DocumentProperties, RDF
Metadata, Writer API implementation, Writer Undo, various other parts of
Writer core, ODF import/export filters, the XML DOM component, some
external libraries, and the new GNU make build system (gbuild).

but i like to think that some of the biggest contribution i've made is
all the stuff i've removed or replaced with something better over the
years; sadly dmake is still there... but hopefully not for long!
my personal goal is actually to contribute a net negative number of
lines of code :)

hope i'll do some work on gbuild, and perhaps rant on Writer's Redlining
and Undo implementation and what should be done about it...

regards,
  michael

Re: Yet Another Introduction

Posted by Ian Lynch <ia...@gmail.com>.
On 26 June 2011 21:54, Michael Stahl <ms...@openoffice.org> wrote:

> my personal goal is actually to contribute a net negative number of lines
> of code :)

An excellent goal - it's like the saying of letter writers. If I had more
time it would have been shorter ;-)

--
Ian

www.theINGOTs.org +44 (0)1827 305940