Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de> on 2003/11/01 11:21:47 UTC

RE: Portlet environment (JSR168)

Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm working on Portlet (aka JSR168 aka Pluto) environement for Cocoon so
> that Cocoon can be deployed as a Portlet. Is there any interest at all
> for this functionality? I'm thinking about dumping it into scratchpad or
> separate block...

+1 definitly!

So I can use Cocoon to define portlets that can be used in a different
portlet container like Jetspeed2 (or Pluto)?

I'm currently trying the opposite and got lost in the mud of the Pluto
code...

Carsten

Re: Portlet environment (JSR168)

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>

>>+1 for scratchpad or +1 for block? :)
>>I'm actually not sure about block: I guess real blocks will not have
>>ability to define Cocoon environments and/or new Cocoon entry points
>>(i.e. CocoonPortlet, a-la CocoonServlet). So, may be scratchpad then?
>>

>Yes, scratchpad I think, too.

For those who do not follow CVS logs... It is in scratchpad. See also
wiki page:
    http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=JSR168Portlet

Environment was tested in Pluto portal, and in Plumtree's JSR168 container.

Vadim

RE: Portlet environment (JSR168)

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> +1 for scratchpad or +1 for block? :)
> I'm actually not sure about block: I guess real blocks will not have
> ability to define Cocoon environments and/or new Cocoon entry points
> (i.e. CocoonPortlet, a-la CocoonServlet). So, may be scratchpad then?

Yes, scratchpad I think, too.

> I already found a bug preventing Cocoon to parse uploads as well as
> preventing pluto itlsef from functioning properly. Can you apply the
> patch? ;-)

Yepp, of course - getting Cocoon to work with Pluto (or vice versa?)
is the reason why I'm a Pluto committer!

Carsten

Re: Portlet environment (JSR168)

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>

>>Hi all,
>>
>>I'm working on Portlet (aka JSR168 aka Pluto) environement for Cocoon so
>>that Cocoon can be deployed as a Portlet. Is there any interest at all
>>for this functionality? I'm thinking about dumping it into scratchpad or
>>separate block...
>>

>+1 definitly!

+1 for scratchpad or +1 for block? :)
I'm actually not sure about block: I guess real blocks will not have
ability to define Cocoon environments and/or new Cocoon entry points
(i.e. CocoonPortlet, a-la CocoonServlet). So, may be scratchpad then?

>So I can use Cocoon to define portlets that can be used in a different
>portlet container like Jetspeed2 (or Pluto)?

Yes, it's already working with Pluto.