Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ben Souther <bs...@redtrain.com> on 2001/03/03 14:22:52 UTC

Re: Cannot find message resources under key org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE

I just went through the same thing.  The workaround listed in the Struts
installation guide won't work either.
This is what I did to fix it:

Go to struts.jar (You may find more than one copy of this on your machine. The
one that you want will be in
$STRUTS_HOME/webapps/struts-example/WEB-INF/lib/    providing that you are
trying to use the struts example)

Remove the file : struts-config_1_0.dtd.

Put this file in:  $STRUTS-HOME/webapps/struts-example/WEB-INF

NOTE: I also put it in $STRUTS-HOME/webapps/struts-example.  I'm not sure
which location is really working. You may want to put it in both places until
you get things up and running.

That should do it.

It is important that you remove the dtd file from the jar. Don't just copy
into the other directories.