Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by kristian meier <km...@jentro.com> on 2002/09/20 15:35:45 UTC

FortressServiceManager

Hello,

I tried to integrate Fortress. the problem I got was that the
FortressServiceManager did return 'true' when asked
'hasService( role )'

but the looking up the service failed, due to not looking
at the parent. the problem was that the obtainService( role )
throw the exception and the AbstractServiceManager had no
chance to ask the parent

I attached a patch, which allows the AbstractServiceManager to
asked to parent to obtain the service

at this point I also wonder how far away Fortress is from a release
version ?
how stable are the basic interfaces at the moment ?

in one of our product (www.jentropilot.com) we use Excalibur and
I wonder when I should start to get it to work with Fortress ?

so in the end some question. I would appreciate some answers

Kristian

Jentro AG
Kristian Meier, Software Development
Peter-Henlein-Strasse 28, 85540 Haar/Munich, Germany
Tel. +49 89 462 385 0 mailto:Kristian.Meier@jentro.com
Fax +49 89 462 385 29 http://www.jentro.com