Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by dryzen <dr...@gmx.de> on 2012/05/16 11:30:26 UTC

regcomp: javaldx failed. User must select a JRE from options dialog

Hello,

i am trying to build puno 0.9. (http://www.wstech2.net/?do=0a,01,05)
and i get the following (sdk, ure, regcomp) error:

> javaldx failed. User must select a JRE from options dialog!
connector.uno.so

I am using debian6 (x64), apache openoffice3.4, and the package
sun-java6-jdk
I also tried to run openoffice as window, and choosed the JRE in the
options dialog, did not help.

Here is the complete output:
Register necessary runtime components in the types.rdb
"/opt/openoffice.org/basis3.4/ure-link/bin/regcomp" -register -r
/root/puno/PUNO/modules/types.rdb -c connector.uno.so
javaldx failed. User must select a JRE from options dialog!connector.uno.so
register component 'connector.uno.so' in registry
'/root/puno/PUNO/modules/types.rdb' failed!
error (CannotRegisterImplementationException): connector.uno.so: cannot get
symbol: component_writeInfo
make: ***
[/root/puno/PUNO/.libs/puno_automatic_generated/misc/cpp_types_prepare_env.flag]
Fehler 1

--
thanks a lot!

Re: regcomp: javaldx failed. User must select a JRE from options dialog

Posted by Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@apache.org>.
Hi dryzen,

Note that you are not subscribed to the list, you may miss some answers
if people don't Cc you.

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 11:30:26AM +0200, dryzen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i am trying to build puno 0.9. (http://www.wstech2.net/?do=0a,01,05)
> and i get the following (sdk, ure, regcomp) error:
>
> > javaldx failed. User must select a JRE from options dialog!
> connector.uno.so
>
> I am using debian6 (x64), apache openoffice3.4, and the package
> sun-java6-jdk
> I also tried to run openoffice as window, and choosed the JRE in the
> options dialog, did not help.
>

> Here is the complete output:
> Register necessary runtime components in the types.rdb
> "/opt/openoffice.org/basis3.4/ure-link/bin/regcomp" -register -r
> /root/puno/PUNO/modules/types.rdb -c connector.uno.so

This is just a warning, it's not important.

> javaldx failed. User must select a JRE from options dialog!connector.uno.so

This is the error:

> register component 'connector.uno.so' in registry
> '/root/puno/PUNO/modules/types.rdb' failed!
> error (CannotRegisterImplementationException): connector.uno.so: cannot get
> symbol: component_writeInfo

Of course, that symbol was removed from the library with the new
"passive component registration"

Rev. 272318:86c20aebcd79
10-Sep-2010
sb129: #i113189# change UNO components to use passive registration

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Passive_Component_Registration

Contact the PUNO developers or fix it yourself by removing from the
Makefile this component registration with regcomp.

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina