Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Evan Weaver <ew...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/24 21:29:15 UTC

[VOTE] Change data model names for 0.5

Resolved, that the data model names should be changed in Cassandra 0.5.

Evan

PS. Committers have the most weight, but everyone's voice is heard.

--
Evan Weaver

Re: [VOTE] Change data model names for 0.5

Posted by Chris Goffinet <cg...@chrisgoffinet.com>.
-10

Posted by Tim Estes <ti...@digitalreasoning.com>.
-1 for reasons recently discussed. Also because I don't want to have
to take numerous Gov't senior IT people through a change of vocabulary
after getting them on board with it.

You can only ask evangelists to go so far. :)

--
Tim Estes
CEO

Posted by Arin Sarkissian <ar...@rspot.net>.

Posted by Anthony Molinaro <an...@alumni.caltech.edu>.
+1

Posted by Michael Koziarski <mi...@koziarski.com>.
+1, also happy to help with updating documentation as part of that effort.

--
Cheers

Koz

Re: [VOTE] Change data model names for 0.5

Posted by Evan Weaver <ew...@gmail.com>.
+1 from me (obviously).

Posted by Eric Evans <ee...@rackspace.com>.
On Mon, 2009-08-24 at 12:29 -0700, Evan Weaver wrote:
> Resolved, that the data model names should be changed in Cassandra
> 0.5.

-1

--
Eric Evans
eevans@rackspace.com

Re: [VOTE] Change data model names for 0.5

Posted by Ryan King <ry...@twitter.com>.
+1

Posted by Michael Greene <mi...@gmail.com>.
+1 strictly as worded

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.
-1

Posted by Prashant Malik <pm...@gmail.com>.
-1

- Prashant

Posted by Avinash Lakshman <av...@gmail.com>.
-10

Avinash

Posted by Sandeep Tata <sa...@gmail.com>.
-1

Posted by Mark Robson <ma...@gmail.com>.
2009/8/24 Curt Micol <as...@gmail.com>

> On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 3:29 PM, Evan Weaver<ew...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Resolved, that the data model names should be changed in Cassandra 0.5.

+1

Mark

Re: [VOTE] Change data model names for 0.5

Posted by Curt Micol <as...@gmail.com>.

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 8:13 PM, Evan Weaver<ew...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think this vote is closed with no resolution, due to all committers
> being opposed. I am waiting for Ant to possibly say something about
> the process, or what we can do as a community, but we absolutely
> cannot take action without committers on board.

Well this vote was useful in that it clearly showed a lot of people
aren't happy with the current naming so it would be good to find a way
to improve that. There is no specific process for this. Its right that
without the committers on board it will be difficult to get changes
made, but the community is the sole of an Apache project so the
committers do need to be considering their views.

   ...ant

Re: [VOTE] Change data model names for 0.5

Posted by Evan Weaver <ew...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jonas Bonér <jo...@jonasboner.com>.
+1

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@almaden.ibm.com>.
-1.

Jun
IBM Almaden Research Center
K55/B1, 650 Harry Road, San Jose, CA  95120-6099

junrao@almaden.ibm.com

|------------>
| From:      |
|------------>
  |Evan Weaver <ew...@gmail.com>                                                                                                                   |
|------------>
| To:        |
|------------>
  |cassandra-dev@incubator.apache.org                                                                                                                |
|------------>
| Date:      |
|------------>
  |08/24/2009 12:30 PM                                                                                                                               |
|------------>
| Subject:   |
|------------>

Posted by Toby DiPasquale <co...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 3:29 PM, Evan Weaver<ew...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Resolved, that the data model names should be changed in Cassandra 0.5.

+1.

--
Toby DiPasquale

Re: [VOTE] Change data model names for 0.5

Posted by Bill de hOra <bi...@dehora.net>.
-1.

This is not a vote against any alternative, it's a vote against the idea
an alternative is necessary.

Bill

Posted by Mark McBride <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1, but echo ant elder's sentiment.

Posted by John Hornbeck <ho...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Viktor Klang <vi...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Sergio Bossa <se...@gmail.com>.
-1

--
Sergio Bossa
Software Passionate and Open Source Enthusiast.

Re: [VOTE] Change data model names for 0.5

Posted by Matt Revelle <mr...@gmail.com>.
+1