Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com> on 2013/12/16 03:15:32 UTC

"WhatWeSayWeDo" != "WhatWeDo"

Folks-

org.apache.maven.compiler.plugin.compiler.CompilerMojo.java

    /**
     * The source directories containing the sources to be compiled.
     */
    @Parameter( defaultValue = "${project.compileSourceRoots}", readonly = true, required = true )

For some reason I cannot locate compileSourceRoots anywhere on maven-compiler-plugin page
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-compiler-plugin/compile-mojo.html

do I need better glasses to read this page properly?
Martin --
.. place long-winded disclaimer here..

Re: "WhatWeSayWeDo" != "WhatWeDo"

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.
On 16 December 2013 12:45, Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Folks-
>

> org.apache.maven.compiler.plugin.compiler.CompilerMojo.java
>
>     /**
>      * The source directories containing the sources to be compiled.
>      */
>     @Parameter( defaultValue = "${project.compileSourceRoots}", readonly = true, required = true )
>

> For some reason I cannot locate compileSourceRoots anywhere on maven-compiler-plugin page
> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-compiler-plugin/compile-mojo.html
>

> do I need better glasses to read this page properly?

I had to do some googling to find where in the documentation to point
you to as I'm too rusty to be able to point you to the docs which
describes this.
I sorry to say that I struggled to find what I wanted.

A lot of this is from memory and may not be quite correct for 3.x

${project... means from the interpolate value
(http://maven.apache.org/shared/maven-filtering/) named "project"
which gets injected by Plexus automatically
(http://plexus.codehaus.org/plexus-components/plexus-interpolation/).
This is a MavenProject object.

The method you are talking about is here
http://maven.apache.org/ref/3.0.3/maven-core/apidocs/org/apache/maven/project/MavenProject.html#getCompileSourceRoots%28%29

I thought http://maven.apache.org/plugin-developers/ had some guidance
on access MavenProject but I can't find anything.

I finally found a similar example
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVENUSER/Mojo+Developer+Cookbook#MojoDeveloperCookbook-Themavenproject,ortheeffectivepom.
which shows you how to have a local variable get injected with this
value so you can reference it in your Mojo. But if you dont need that
variable, you can just reference its properties directly like
CompilerMojo does for the compileSourceRoots variable.

RE: "WhatWeSayWeDo" != "WhatWeDo"

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.

> From: herve.boutemy@free.fr
> To: users@maven.apache.org
> Subject: Re: "WhatWeSayWeDo" != "WhatWeDo"
> Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 19:53:28 +0100
>
> since the value is readonly, it doesn't go to the user-documentation because
> user can't do anything: it's pure internal code
>
> for yourself, you can change readonly to false and see user documentation
> generated
>
> Regards,
>
> Hervé

Merci  Hervé