Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Mykel Alvis <my...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/09 21:24:43 UTC

Manifest Class-Path in WAR

Per the maven war plugin docs [1], I "normally don't want a jar in both the
manifest classpath and the WEB-INF/lib".  This is true.  I want the jars in
WEB-INF/lib to specifically NOT be in the Class-Path of my war's MANIFEST.MF

So I did what the documentation told me, built my war and the WEB-INF/lib
dependencies *were* included in the manifest's Class-Path.

On the doc page [1] it explicitly states "Note that no way is shown to
include a dependency in WEB-INF/lib but not the manifest classpath."

Why and/or what am I doing wrong?   Having WEB-INF/lib jars listed in a
war's manifest Class-Path is redundant and could be problematic for oddly
implemented or  buggy app servers.

Per my experience, it appears to be impossible to keep a jar included in
WEB-INF/lib from having a manifest entry in the class path if you're
actually generating the manifest class-path.

Am I doing it wrong?

Thanks
Mykel

[1]