Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Elisabeth Julg <el...@steria.com> on 2003/01/16 16:35:23 UTC

Applet with a War

Hello list,

In my application, I use an applet.
The class corresponding at my applet is in jar file located in WEB-INF\lib.

When I deploy this application as a directory, it works fine, by if a use a
war file, it doesn't work. The class isn't found ! Why ?

Thanks for your help,

Elisabeth
Toulouse

Re: Applet with a War

Posted by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com>.
Hello Elisabeth,

I guess I'm surprised an applet (running in the browser, right?) works
at all if the jar containing the applet is in WEB-INF/lib.  The
browser has no access to that.  It needs to exist in a public area;
the same area where you put your html, jsp, image, and other
web-accessible files.

Jake

EJ> Hello list,

EJ> In my application, I use an applet.
EJ> The class corresponding at my applet is in jar file located in WEB-INF\lib.

EJ> When I deploy this application as a directory, it works fine, by if a use a
EJ> war file, it doesn't work. The class isn't found ! Why ?

EJ> Thanks for your help,

EJ> Elisabeth
EJ> Toulouse

EJ> --