Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Christian Faulhammer <us...@spamgourmet.com> on 2006/09/21 00:00:00 UTC

Problems committing to a local repository

Hi all,

I am using subversion 1.3.2 (latest version in Gentoo Linux) and one day a
working copy refused to be commited to my local repository.  No matter if
I do a simple commit or for a single file, I always get:

 "Malformed text rep offset line in node-rev"

Googling for that text did not help, a new checkout and working there
neither.  Any advices?

V-Li

--
Fingerprint: 68C5 D381 B69A A777 6A91 E999 350A AD7C 2B85 9DE3
http://www.gnupg.org/

Re: Problems committing to a local repository

Posted by Lieven Govaerts <sv...@mobsol.be>.
Christian Faulhammer wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am using subversion 1.3.2 (latest version in Gentoo Linux) and one day a
> working copy refused to be commited to my local repository.  No matter if
> I do a simple commit or for a single file, I always get:
>
>  "Malformed text rep offset line in node-rev"
>
> Googling for that text did not help, a new checkout and working there
> neither.  Any advices?

This looks like one of the fsfs revision files is corrupt. Does the
error message tell you something more, like which revision file it has
problems reading?

Do you access the repository with file:// url's or do you have a
svnserve or apache installed locally?

There's a script to fix corrupt fsfs revision files, you can find it
here: http://www.szakmeister.net/blog/?page_id=16 . It doesn't claim to
fix all problems, and I strongly advise to back up any file before you
run that script on it.

If that script doesn't work you'll have to restore from your last backup.

hope this helps,

Lieven.