Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Tim Wintle <ti...@teamrubber.com> on 2008/11/04 15:55:59 UTC

Google's Ad API Spec...

I've been looking through the gadget ads spec to try to create some
blank placeholders for gadgets that expect to find the "ads" feature -
or possibly that call analytics methods when these functions are called.

All I can find so far is:
http://www.google.com/adwords/gadgetads/tutorial.html

From what I can see, the feature is called "ads", and it defines methods
in the old style, e.g.

__ADS__ReportInteraction

However I've found some references online to gadgets.Ads (note the
capital "A")

Is there a reference for the new-style somewhere to build the
placeholder against, or is this such a Google specific module that I
shouldn't try to guess... ?

Tim Wintle

Re: Google's Ad API Spec...

Posted by Kevin Brown <et...@google.com>.
That's a google proprietary API, and it's only intended to work with gadget
ads. You should probably follow the dev guide for gadget ads.