Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Francisco Exposito Aguilera <fc...@hotmail.com> on 2007/04/11 17:36:42 UTC

Show error in parent page

Hi all,

I have a jsp with a download button. When I click on that button, a new web
page using javascript is opened:

onclick="window.open('http://server:8080/FileServer/Menus/Search/selectDownloadType.jsp','blank','width=400,height=300,scrollbars=no')"><fmt:message
key="button.download"/></html:submit>

   <bean:write name="msg"/><br>

In the new web page I only have this code:

<input type="hidden" name="rPropietario" value="<bean:write
name="propietarioAsociacion" property="dni"/>"/>
<input type="hidden" name="idAsociacion" value="<bean:write
name="asociacionActiva" property="idAsociacion"/>"/>
<input type="radio" name="tipoDescarga" value="porVersion">Versión más alta
<input type="radio" name="tipoDescarga" value="porEstado">Estado más
alto</td>
key="boton.downloadFile"/></html:submit>

If the logged user has permission to download the file, it works properly,
but if he doesn't have permissions, the error is not shown in the parent web
page; the parent page is opened inside the child page showing the error.

Is there any way to show the error in the parent page?

Thanks a lot.

Best regards,
Paco