Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Jason <fr...@ozemail.com.au> on 2001/06/10 17:25:49 UTC

Installation woes :)

Hi everyone,

I am using ActiveState perl on Win32.   I have downloaded and installed
mod_perl (using ppm) like so:

    PPM> install /location http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppmpackages/
mod_perl

And the mod_perl file seems to be created ok:

    C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache\modules\mod_perl.so

So far so good.... I follow the "Configuration" instructions at
http://perl.apache.org/dist/cgi_to_mod_perl.html and make adjustments to
httpd.conf:

        Alias /perl/  "c:/program files/perl/perl"

        <Location /perl>
            SetHandler  perl-script
            PerlHandler Apache::Registry
            Options +ExecCGI
        </Location>

I try restarting apache, but get this message:

        Invalid command 'PerlHandler', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a
module not included in the
        server configuration

So, I snoop around and notice that the following line is commented, so I
uncomment it:

        LoadModule usertrack_module modules/mod_perl.so

I get the feeling that I have missed an important step.  The wording at
http://perl.apache.org/distributions.html suggested to me that the PPM
installation was self working -- but maybe I need to do some extra work?

thanks for any advise :)

Jason

Re: Installation woes :)

Posted by Matt Sergeant <ma...@sergeant.org>.
On Mon, 11 Jun 2001, Jason wrote:

>         LoadModule usertrack_module modules/mod_perl.so

Eek, that should be:

<Matt/>

     \\//
     //\\