Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Shane Curcuru/CAM/Lotus <sh...@us.ibm.com> on 2002/03/20 20:59:03 UTC

Xalanites at JavaOne? Help needed!

OK, I've procrastinated far too long: is there a trustworthy Xalanite out
there who would want to lead my schedule BOF at JavaOne?  It's a unique
opportunity for fame to stand in my shoes and meet a roomful of your fellow
Xalan users...  8-)

Unfortunately I won't be able to attend JavaOne next week, but I'd love it
if at least one responsible person would volunteer to lead my BOF below, so
it can still be held.

BOF Details:  BOF-2222 "Xalan Users Group"
    Wednesday March 27, 8:00 PM - 8:50 PM ,Sea Cliff, Sheraton Palace

http://servlet.java.sun.com/javaone/sf2002/conf/bofs/display-2222.en.jsp

In previous years I've met *tons* of Xalan users and developers, so I'm
betting there will be plenty of people attending.  I'd need a volunteer who
could give a pretty firm commitment to show up at the BOF and start people
off talking - you really won't need to do much (other than apologize for my
absence) other than to start people talking about how they use Xalan.  Last
time there were plenty of inter-room conversations and lots of people to
meet.

Replies directly to me ASAP please!  Unfortunately if no-one can definitely
be there I'll have to call the JavaOne folks and tell them to cancel it,
although I'm sure they've already printed up programs and the special bonus
gift that people were going to get from attending*!

Thanks!
- Shane
shane_curcuru@us.ibm.com   curcuru@apache.org
xml-xalan  xml-commons

* P.S. Just kidding, no extra gifts, sorry.

Re: Xalanites at JavaOne? Help needed!

Posted by Chris McCabe <ch...@choicehotels.com>.
Shane,
  If you don't get anyone else that really wants to do it, I can do it
for you.  As you may already know, I am a heavy Java XSLT user with both
Xalan and Saxon, and hopefully soon XSLTC.

  Just let me know if you want me to.  I am leaving for San Francisco
today, so I will be without my email from about 2pm (PST) today until
probably Monday.

Chris

--
Chris P. McCabe  - Senior Software Systems Architect
Choice Hotels International - Information Technology