Posted to soap-dev@ws.apache.org by Tiago Fernandes Thomaz <ti...@optimus.pt> on 2002/06/04 03:26:00 UTC

RE: SOAP Service Manager: Unable to read 'DeployedServices.ds': a ssuming fresh start

I'm getting it when running my soap client:

import java.io.*;
import java.net.*;
import java.util.*;
import org.apache.soap.util.xml.*;
import org.apache.soap.*;
import org.apache.soap.rpc.*;
import org.apache.soap.encoding.*;
import org.apache.soap.encoding.soapenc.*;

public class SOAP
{

  Call call = null;
  URL  url = null;

  public static void main (String[] args) throws Exception
  {
    URL url = new URL(" http://localhost:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter
<http://localhost:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter> ");

    String sXML = "<request name="MyName">";

      Call call = new Call();
      call.setTargetObjectURI("urn:MySerivce");
      call.setMethodName("methodName");
      call.setEncodingStyleURI("
<http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/>
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/");
      Vector params = new Vector();
      params.addElement(new org.apache.soap.rpc.Parameter("sXML",
String.class, sXML, null));

      call.setParams(params);

      org.apache.soap.rpc.Response resp = call.invoke(url, "");

      if (resp.generatedFault())
      {
        Fault fault = resp.getFault();
        System.out.println(" Fault Code   = " + fault.getFaultCode());
        System.out.println(" Fault String = " + fault.getFaultString());
      }
      else
      {
        org.apache.soap.rpc.Parameter result = resp.getReturnValue();
      }
    }
  }

Any ideas?Could this be a problem of classpath? Where do u think the problem
is located, in the client, in the server, classpath, where?

Tiago Fernandes Thomaz

Are you getting this error after deploying the service?

"SOAP Service Manager: Unable to read 'DeployedServices.ds': assu
ming fresh start "

Thanks in advance

Tiago Fernandes Thomaz

Re: SOAP Service Manager: Unable to read 'DeployedServices.ds': assuming fresh start

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
At least one problem is that the Apache SOAP server does not think you have
deployed any services.  You must deploy the service before accessing it from the
client.

Scott Nichol