Posted to user@jclouds.apache.org by Bk Lau <bk...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/17 22:06:33 UTC

Support for booting instance from volume

Hi :

Does anyone know if Nova compute API  support for
"boot from volume"[1]  exists yet for jcloud1.8.x?

Thanks,

BK

[1]

To create a bootable volume from an image and launch an instance from this
volume, use the --block-device parameter.

For example:

$ nova boot --flavor *FLAVOR* --block-device
source=*SOURCE*,id=*ID*,dest=*DEST*,size=*SIZE*,shutdown=*PRESERVE*,bootindex=*INDEX*
*NAME*

http://docs.openstack.org/user-guide/content/create_volume_from_image_and_boot.html

Re: Support for booting instance from volume

Posted by Bk Lau <bk...@gmail.com>.
Cool.

Posted by Jeremy Daggett <je...@RACKSPACE.COM>.

Posted by Bk Lau <bk...@gmail.com>.