Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by jgunvaldson <jg...@cox.net> on 2020/10/08 17:34:57 UTC

Disable Controller Service - Cause NIFI Node(s) in Cluster to Disconnect and Reconnect

Powered by Apache NiFi Version 1.9.0
1.9.0.3.4.1.1-4 built 05/01/2019 02:15:30 UTC
Tagged nifi-1.9.0-RC2
6 Node Cluster

~~

This is a long shot, but I have developers reporting an inability to disable a “AvroSchemaRegistry” controller service without a couple of the Cluster nodes disconnecting and reconnecting, throwing the error

“Cluster is unable to service request to change flow: 2 Nodes are currently connecting”

Controller remains alive/active and is not disabled

Nodes come back and remain connected

I have noticed disabled, stopped and active processors using this Controller Service that they would like to disable (which would render those components invalid I would assume - if process to disable was successful)

Ever heard of this symptom?

Thanks for any ideas

John

Re: Disable Controller Service - Cause NIFI Node(s) in Cluster to Disconnect and Reconnect

Posted by jgunvaldson <jg...@cox.net>.
We are considering a maintenance window to shutdown and copy known stable node flow.xml.gz to all the other nodes and restart as a first step

Two nodes dropping out may be to missing references in Controller Service that may be fixed by flow.xml updates

It’s an idea?

John