Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org> on 2007/03/15 19:06:33 UTC

[HACKATHON] Raleigh, NC Monday 19 - Tuesday 20

Dims said he'll be in the Raleigh area and since a lot of other
committers area it would be good to get folks that are around
together.  For those that are interested in joining I have a room
that we can use from 0900 - 1800 on Monday and Tuesday.  The address is:

4205 South Miami Blvd
Durham, NC 27703

Come to the lobby and ask for me and I'll be happy to let you in.
I've got a conference room for about 10 people for both days with
network connectivity and the like.  Anyone in the area that is
interested to come and hang out for the day or just a few hours is
welcome.  I expect folks will be on IRC and use the dev list for
communication just like any informal get together.

If anyone is interested I could probably open up a call in number if
folks want to listen to each other type or otherwise interact.  If
folks are interested in that, contact me directly for call in
information as that wouldn't be appropriate to post a passcode
publicly.   If there are folks that are interested I'll do my best to
make that happen.

The times are Eastern.

Respond to this e-mail if your planing on showing up.

I'll be there :)

Re: [HACKATHON] Raleigh, NC Monday 19 - Tuesday 20

Posted by Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com>.
word

-sachin

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
We'll have a good turnout! :)

-- dims

Posted by Vamsavardhana Reddy <c1...@gmail.com>.
I am 'down' too :o)

Posted by Paul McMahan <pa...@gmail.com>.
Sounds like fun Matt.  I'm down!

Posted by Lasantha Ranaweera <la...@opensource.lk>.
Dims,

Please share this info. with dev list because it will enable bit more
contribution for me on these areas too.

Have a nice time :-) .

Lasantha

Posted by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>.
As I thought about your list Dims' I wanted to make sure that people
understood that this is an opportunity to get together, do some work
and interact.  Working towards 2.0 is an excellent thing but I don't
want your list to dissuade anyone one from coming that doesn't work
on WebServices (like me:-).  Its open to all and you can work on what
ever you want.  I'm interested in the management and monitoring piece
so I hope Anita will be able to come.

Anyway, wanted to clarify that there is no agenda for the hackathon.

Matt

Re: [HACKATHON] Raleigh, NC Monday 19 - web service related discussion

Posted by Lasantha Ranaweera <la...@opensource.lk>.
Excellent work folks and many thanks to Lin for the update. Looks
HACKATHON has really worked for web services stuff ;-) .

As a starting point I would like to give a crack on GERONIMO-2992 since
it looks bit simple than other issues (looking at outside) and also it
will brush up EJB knowledge too  :-) . I won't be able to assign issue
it anyway since I don't have such rights on JIRA yet. If there is any
confliction of interest please let me know.

I have been digging more and more on this WSDL provided scenario of
Axis2 if there is a priority work (considering TCK) I would like to take
over them. Please let me know if there is such priority too.

Thanks,
Lasantha

Posted by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>.
Good list to start with.  Remember thatnot everyone that will be
there will be committers that have submitted NDAs so I think the TCK
discussion is best left for the geronimo-tck mailing list.

See you on Monday :)

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@apache.org>.
Dims,

I'll contribute, but I will be 2000 miles away...

Lets keep all up to date as I think I can help contribute in this area.

I have a good idea of what is missing (since I have been so entrenched
in it), so feel free to ping me.

Thanks,

Jeff

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.