Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "Chamberlain James O. CONTR J9C998" <Ja...@je.jfcom.mil> on 2003/06/17 15:42:54 UTC

Q. linking to a portlet not currently displayed

I would like to create a link in a portlet to access another portlet.
The catch is that the portlet I want to link to is not normally
displayed on any of the user's panes. I have had success using "<a
href='<jetspeed:portletlink name="PortletName" />'>PortletName</a>" if
the portlet is currently display on any of the user's panes. The problem
I am having is what if the portlet is not displayed on any of the user's
panes.

There must be a way to accomplish this, but I have not been able to find
it yet. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

James

James Chamberlain
General Dynamics - Advanced Information Systems
Concept Development Department
U.S. Joint Forces Command
james.chamberlain@je.jfcom.mil

RE: Q. linking to a portlet not currently displayed

Posted by Mark Orciuch <ma...@ngsltd.com>.
You could create a simple one portlet psml and point <portletlink> tag
there:

<jetspeed:portletlink name="myPortlet"
psml="role/user/media-type/html/page/myPortlet.psml" />

Or you could load the portlet dynamically from registry like the portlet
preview feature in the customizer. I wouldn't use this method unless you
don't know the portlet name in advance. My personal preference is option
number #1.

Best regards,

Mark Orciuch - morciuch@apache.org
http://jakarta.apache.org/jetspeed/