Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Rakesh <ra...@netcore.co.in> on 2004/10/27 16:49:43 UTC

Re: [sa-list] Re: DSPAM-plugin for SpamAssassin 3.* ?

Juhapekka Tolvanen wrote:

>but if you
>        plan on running this on a production system with live users, it
>        is a death wish."

Death Wish ! I really don't think so. I run SpamAssassin+Razor+URI
checks and a good amount of rulesets with MailScanner, all written in
PERL on production system processing about a million messages a day for
about 120 virtual domains and three virus scanners. And the load on my
system never crosses 0.8, so I would never believe that SpamAssassin is
a death wish for a production system, just because some one with a
system with low RAM and uncessary processes running says so. Infact
SpamAssassin has saved my life from irritating client complains about
spams.

>I can not code anything like that myself. I am just (l)user.

I think users who cannot code shouldn't boss the developers of what to
do and what not do. Atleast we should write a few lines to thank them
that they spend so much of their and spend so much efforts for no pay.
Even I am user and I really thank them a lot for the great work that
they are doing.

>I reiterate: It does not hurt, if we try out and see what happens.

Trying out new stuff is always a good suggestion, but the attitude of
suggestion always matters a lot

Rakesh B. Pal
Emergic CleanMail Team.
Netcore Solutions Pvt. Ltd.

perl -e"map{y/a-z/l-za-k/;print}shift" "Jjhi pcdiwtg Ptga wprztg,"

Netcore's New Website
http://www.netcore.co.in