Posted to users@felix.apache.org by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org> on 2008/10/09 18:42:18 UTC

Re: Determine which bundles will be started from OBR repository.xml

Gert Vanthienen wrote:
> L.S.,
>

> If I have an OBR repository.xml file with information about a set of bundles
> and I have another bundle x (the jar file) on my machine, is it possible to
> programmatically determine which bundles from the repository are required to
> fulfill all the requirements of my bundle x?  The goal is to create a Maven
> plugin that can automatically determine the entire list of bundles that are
> necessary to have a working application based on bundle x.
>
> Could anyone give me a snippet of code or some clue on how to do this?

This is possible. I think you would just need to convert your local
bundle metadata into a Resource for OBR, then get a Resolver instance
from RepositoryAdmin, add your Resource to it and call Resolver.resolve().

-> richard

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
I guess I should also point out that there are examples of how to
convert bundle metadata to a resource in LocalRepositoryImpl, I
believe...in the future, we should make this easier, if not support it
directly...until then you have to get your hands dirty. Sorry.

-> richard4