Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Ash Berlin-Taylor <as...@apache.org> on 2021/05/21 13:29:36 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Airflow 2.1.0 has been released

Dear Airflow community,

I'm happy to announce that Airflow 2.1.0 was just released. This one
includes a raft of fixes and other small improvements, but some notable
additions include:

- A Create a DAG Calendar View to show the status of your DAG run
across time more easily

- The cross-dag-dependencies view (which used to be an external plugin)
is now part of core

- Mask passwords and sensitive info in task logs and UI (finally!)

- Improvmenets to webserver start up time (mostly around time spent
syncing DAG permissions)

Please note that /this/ release no long includes the `HTTP` extra
provider, as we discovered that it pulls in an LGPL dependency (via
requests of all places) so it is now optional.

The source release, as well as the binary "sdist" and wheel releases,
are available here:

📦  <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/airflow/2.1.0/>

We also made this version available on PyPI for convenience (`pip
install apache-airflow`):

📦  <https://pypi.python.org/pypi/apache-airflow>

The documentation is available at:
📚 <https://airflow.apache.org/docs/apache-airflow/2.1.0>

Changelog
🛠️
<https://airflow.apache.org/changelog.html#airflow-2-1-0-2021-05-21>

Many thanks to James Timmins for doing much of the work on preparing
this release!

Cheers,
Ash

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Airflow 2.1.0 has been released

Posted by Ry Walker <ry...@rywalker.com>.
Just spent a half hour clicking through the change log - so much goodness
in this release! Great work everyone, excited to get this out to the user
community :)

-Ry

On Fri, May 21, 2021 at 11:21 AM Vikram Koka <vi...@astronomer.io.invalid>
wrote:

> Awesome!
>
> Thank you Ash, James Timmins and everyone else who contributed to this
> release.
>

> On Fri, May 21, 2021 at 8:04 AM Jarek Potiuk <ja...@potiuk.com> wrote:
>
>> Cool!
>>

>> pt., 21 maj 2021, 15:29 użytkownik Ash Berlin-Taylor <as...@apache.org>
>> napisał:
>>
>>> Dear Airflow community,
>>>
>>> I'm happy to announce that Airflow 2.1.0 was just released. This one
>>> includes a raft of fixes and other small improvements, but some notable
>>> additions include:
>>>
>>> - A Create a DAG Calendar View to show the status of your DAG run across
>>> time more easily
>>>
>>> - The cross-dag-dependencies view (which used to be an external plugin)
>>> is now part of core
>>>
>>> - Mask passwords and sensitive info in task logs and UI (finally!)
>>>
>>> - Improvmenets to webserver start up time (mostly around time spent
>>> syncing DAG permissions)
>>>

>>> Please note that *this* release no long includes the `HTTP` extra
>>> provider, as we discovered that it pulls in an LGPL dependency (via
>>> requests of all places) so it is now optional.
>>>
>>> The source release, as well as the binary "sdist" and wheel releases,
>>> are available here:
>>>
>>> 📦  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/airflow/2.1.0/
>>>
>>> We also made this version available on PyPI for convenience (`pip
>>> install apache-airflow`):
>>>
>>> 📦  https://pypi.python.org/pypi/apache-airflow
>>>
>>> The documentation is available at:
>>> 📚 https://airflow.apache.org/docs/apache-airflow/2.1.0
>>>
>>> Changelog
>>> 🛠️ https://airflow.apache.org/changelog.html#airflow-2-1-0-2021-05-21
>>>
>>> Many thanks to James Timmins for doing much of the work on preparing
>>> this release!
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Ash
>>>
>>> --
Sent from Gmail Mobile

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Airflow 2.1.0 has been released

Posted by Vikram Koka <vi...@astronomer.io.INVALID>.
Awesome!

Posted by Jarek Potiuk <ja...@potiuk.com>.
Cool!