Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by Whitney Sorenson <ws...@hubspot.com> on 2014/03/20 21:10:10 UTC

mesos failing locally

upgraded macosx to 10.9.2

using mesos from
http://downloads.mesosphere.io/master/osx/mesos_0.17.0-rc1_x86_64.pkg

mesos master starts up ok:
https://gist.github.com/wsorenson/61dddd135ae2a1d1be67

but it always instantly dies when I connect my framework to it. before i
upgraded a lot of this stuff, the slave was instantly dieing when it
connected to the master.

framework output: https://gist.github.com/wsorenson/3d1c164306d33b0658a7

I've tried a variety of ZK / ip changes / restarts / fresh framework ids /
zk paths, etc..

Any ideas?

Re: mesos failing locally

Posted by Vinod Kone <vi...@twitter.com>.
what is your cluster setup like?

looks like the master is binding to a local address:

I0320 20:08:19.067021 218484736 detector.cpp:351] A new leading master
(UPID=master@127.0.0.1:5050) is detected

you can start the master with --ip=<public hostname> if you want a
remote framework to be able to connect to it.

@vinodkone