Posted to user@jclouds.apache.org by Ranjith R <ra...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/29 13:44:54 UTC

RequestTimeTooSkewed not reported by jclouds?

Hello everyone,
                          I was trying out my jclouds client program
against amazon s3, and I was trying to create a bucket using the blobstore
API createContainerInLocation. And I was getting the following exception

org.jclouds.rest.AuthorizationException: HEAD
https://testcontainer45.s3.amazonaws.com/ HTTP/1.1 -> HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden
The error message is HEAD https://testcontainer45.s3.amazonaws.com/
HTTP/1.1 -> HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden
at
org.jclouds.aws.handlers.ParseAWSErrorFromXmlContent.refineException(ParseAWSErrorFromXmlContent.java:122)
at
org.jclouds.s3.handlers.ParseS3ErrorFromXmlContent.refineException(ParseS3ErrorFromXmlContent.java:97)
at
org.jclouds.aws.handlers.ParseAWSErrorFromXmlContent.handleError(ParseAWSErrorFromXmlContent.java:89)
at
org.jclouds.http.handlers.DelegatingErrorHandler.handleError(DelegatingErrorHandler.java:65)

The access/secret keys were correct, and I could not figure out what is the
problem from the exception received.  After that I tried a blobstore.list()
method, and received the following exception

org.jclouds.rest.AuthorizationException: The difference between the request
time and the current time is too large.
The error message is The difference between the request time and the
current time is too large.
at
org.jclouds.aws.handlers.ParseAWSErrorFromXmlContent.refineException(ParseAWSErrorFromXmlContent.java:122)
at
org.jclouds.s3.handlers.ParseS3ErrorFromXmlContent.refineException(ParseS3ErrorFromXmlContent.java:97)
at
org.jclouds.aws.handlers.ParseAWSErrorFromXmlContent.handleError(ParseAWSErrorFromXmlContent.java:89)

This exception clearly says that my system clock is wrong and that indeed
was the reason for first failure too.

Is there any way to get a similar error for the first request also?

Thanks,
Ranjith