Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org> on 2009/03/31 14:37:33 UTC

[Client API] Add Operation

Let's analyse the Add operation now.

The proposal methods are :

* blocking operations
AddResponse add( Entry entry ) throws InterruptedOperationException
AddResponse add( String dn, Attributes attributes ) throws
InterruptedOperationException
AddResponse add( Entry entry, Control[] controls ) throws
InterruptedOperationException
AddResponse add( String dn, Attributes attributes, Control[] controls )
throws InterruptedOperationException

* non blocking operations
void add( Entry entry, AddListener listener ) throws
InterruptedOperationException
void add( String dn, Attributes attributes, AddListener listener )
throws InterruptedOperationException
void add( Entry entry, AddListener listener, Control[] controls ) throws
InterruptedOperationException
void add( String dn, Attributes attributes, AddListener listener,
Control[] controls ) throws InterruptedOperationException

Again, I don't know if we need something else than the control, I will
check.

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org

Re: [Client API] Add Operation

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@gmail.com>.
Hi Emm,

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 2:37 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org>wrote:

> Let's analyse the Add operation now.
>
> The proposal methods are :
>
> * blocking operations
> AddResponse add( Entry entry ) throws InterruptedOperationException
> AddResponse add( String dn, Attributes attributes ) throws
> InterruptedOperationException
> AddResponse add( Entry entry, Control[] controls ) throws
> InterruptedOperationException
> AddResponse add( String dn, Attributes attributes, Control[] controls )
> throws InterruptedOperationException

You think we should use JNDI stuff here?  Is it better to get the response
or just throw an LdapAddException ?

> * non blocking operations
> void add( Entry entry, AddListener listener ) throws
> InterruptedOperationException
> void add( String dn, Attributes attributes, AddListener listener ) throws
> InterruptedOperationException
> void add( Entry entry, AddListener listener, Control[] controls ) throws
> InterruptedOperationException
> void add( String dn, Attributes attributes, AddListener listener, Control[]
> controls ) throws InterruptedOperationException
>
> Again, I don't know if we need something else than the control, I will
> check.

What does the AddListener interface look like?

Thanks,
Alex