Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Stephan Coboos <cr...@gmx.net> on 2004/08/12 12:27:11 UTC

Read XML from DB

Hello,

is there a generator (or other component) available, which reads a
textfield (contains wellformed xml) form a db (relational, oracle) and
includes the text as xml into the pipeline?

Thank you.

Regards
Stephan

Re: Read XML from DB

Posted by Olivier Billard <ol...@laposte.net>.
Some doc in the javadoc :
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/apidocs/org/apache/cocoon/components/source/impl/BlobSource.html

Re: Read XML from DB

Posted by Stephan Coboos <cr...@gmx.net>.

Re: Read XML from DB

Posted by Olivier Billard <ol...@laposte.net>.
Hi Stefan,

You can use the FileGenerator with the blob: pseudoprotocol :
<map:match pattern="test">
   <map:generate src="blob:/{datasource-name}/{table-name}/{column-name}[{where-clause}]" />
   <map:serialize type="xml"/>
</map:match>

HTH,
--
Olivier Billard

Re: Read XML from DB

Posted by Edward Rayl <er...@bellsouth.net>.
Stephan,

In addition to the other comments, if you are using Oracle, you also
have the choice of having Oracle generate the XML straight from a
database query.  Take a look at:

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B14117_01/appdev.101/b10794/adx01bas.htm#sthref60

Ed

Re: Read XML from DB

Posted by go...@osmosis.gr.

i use esql for that

look at esql:get-xml

-- stavros

a code snip:

		<esql:connection>
			<esql:pool>hotpoints</esql:pool>
			<esql:execute-query>
				<esql:query>SELECT * FROM tblTextBlocks WHERE id_TextBlocks=<xsp-request:get-parameter name="id"/>
				</esql:query>
				<esql:results>
					<esql:row-results>
						<block>
<id_TextBlocks><esql:get-string column="id_TextBlocks" root="id_TextBlocks"/></id_TextBlocks>
<textBlock_Title><esql:get-string column="textBlock_Title" root="textBlock_Title"/></textBlock_Title>
<esql:get-xml column="textBlock_Description" root="textBlock_Description"/>
						</block>
					</esql:row-results>
				</esql:results>
				<esql:no-results>