Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Glen Carreras <ca...@noesnada.com> on 2006/01/23 13:23:17 UTC

Domainkeys - Conflicting msg headers?

Hello,

I have searched through the archives and, although I did find a rather
lengthy thread about DK, I didn't find my specific answer.  Hopefully
someone here can help me out.  I've enabled the DK plugin (and applied
the patch) and for the most part, I believe DK is working but, the
following two headers confuse me as they appear to be conflicting
statements.  Are these normal or do I perhaps have something
mis-configured somewhere?

*  0.0 DK_SIGNED Domain Keys: message has an unverified signature
* -0.0 DK_VERIFIED Domain Keys: signature passes verification

Thanks,
Glen

Re: Domainkeys - Conflicting msg headers?

Posted by SM <sm...@resistor.net>.
At 22:57 12-06-2006, Daryl C. W. O'Shea wrote:
>Already changed in 3.2:
>
>describe DK_SIGNED              Domain Keys: message has a signature

[snip]

It's "DomainKeys" and not "Domain Keys".

Regards,
-sm

Re: Domainkeys - Conflicting msg headers?

Posted by "Daryl C. W. O'Shea" <sp...@dostech.ca>.
On 6/12/2006 8:58 AM, Magnus Holmgren wrote:
> On Monday 23 January 2006 15:50, Matt Kettler took the opportunity to write:
>>Glen Carreras wrote:
>>>*  0.0 DK_SIGNED Domain Keys: message has an unverified signature
>>>* -0.0 DK_VERIFIED Domain Keys: signature passes verification
>>>

>>>From looking at the domainkeys plugin, that's normal, and the
>>description is a bit misleading.
>>
>>DK_SIGNED means the message is signed. Period. The follow-on text is
>>trying to explain that DK_SIGNED has not verified the signature, it has
>>merely detected one is present, so the signature may or may not be valid.
>>
>>DK_VERIFIED means the signature passed verification. Based on the code,
>>this will never happen unless the message also matches DK_SIGNED.
>

> I suggest that the description for DK_SIGNED be changed slightly to "Domain
> Keys: message has a (not yet verified) signature".

Already changed in 3.2:

describe DK_SIGNED              Domain Keys: message has a signature
describe DK_VERIFIED            Domain Keys: signature passes verification
describe DK_POLICY_SIGNSOME     Domain Keys: policy says domain signs
some mails
describe DK_POLICY_SIGNALL      Domain Keys: policy says domain signs
all mails
describe DK_POLICY_TESTING      Domain Keys: policy says domain is
testing DK

Daryl

Re: Domainkeys - Conflicting msg headers?

Posted by Magnus Holmgren <ho...@lysator.liu.se>.

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@lysator.liu.se
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)

Re: Domainkeys - Conflicting msg headers?

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@comcast.net>.