Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com> on 2022/06/06 12:32:52 UTC

[collections] EOL 3.x?

Hi All:

Should we formally announce that the 3.x line is EOL and encourage
users to migrate to 4.x?

Gary

Re: [collections] EOL 3.x?

Posted by Gilles Sadowski <gi...@gmail.com>.
Hello.

Le lun. 6 juin 2022 à 22:44, Bruno Kinoshita <ki...@apache.org> a écrit :

> Hi Gary,
>
> No objections from me. I can't recall if we did that for other components.
>
> We could also, I think, have a document for Commons to reference when
> releasing a major version update of a component. In that document we could
> explain we are a team of volunteers, that if 4.x is out, users can only
> expect security updates to 3.x if there are volunteers with time to work on
> the fixes, etc. So for future questions of this type, one could just point
> to this doc. WDYT?

IMO, such information belong on that page[1]:
  https://commons.apache.org/index.html

[1] There we should probably remove the link to the article meant to
introduce "Commons" components...

Regards,
Gilles

Re: [collections] EOL 3.x?