Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Kong, Yi - HPL" <Yi...@cityofhouston.net> on 2004/01/06 21:24:09 UTC

[users@httpd] Upgrade to 2.0 question

Plan to upgrade to apache 2.0. While testing on a product server 1.3, I
install 2.0 in a separate directory. Installation runs fine, but apache
can't start. I get

Syntax error on line 215 of /usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_include.so into server: ld.so.1:
/usr/
local/apache2/bin/httpd: fatal: relocation error: file
/usr/local/apache/libexec
/mod_include.so: symbol ap_table_setn: referenced symbol not found

I try to comment out  the module it points to, the next one have the same
problem. Sounds it don't want share library with 1.0 at all. I even try to
install without share, I get the same result.

Any help will be appreciated

Yi Kong

Re: [users@httpd] Upgrade to 2.0 question

Posted by André Malo <nd...@perlig.de>.
* "Kong, Yi - HPL" <Yi...@cityofhouston.net> wrote:

> Plan to upgrade to apache 2.0. While testing on a product server 1.3, I
> install 2.0 in a separate directory. Installation runs fine, but apache
> can't start. I get
>
> Syntax error on line 215 of /usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
> Cannot load /usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_include.so into server: ld.so.1:
> /usr/
> local/apache2/bin/httpd: fatal: relocation error: file
> /usr/local/apache/libexec
> /mod_include.so: symbol ap_table_setn: referenced symbol not found
>
> I try to comment out  the module it points to, the next one have the same
> problem. Sounds it don't want share library with 1.0 at all. I even try to
> install without share, I get the same result.
>
> Any help will be appreciated

You're trying to load your 1.3 modules into 2.0. That doesn't work.

nd