Posted to dev@plc4x.apache.org by "Strljic, Matthias Milan" <ma...@isw.uni-stuttgart.de> on 2019/07/25 14:58:44 UTC

One PLC4J Maven complete bundle

Hi all,

I wanted to throw in a question and a related issue about our maven plugin for PLC4J.
It is very modular but with that also very complicated to use for beginners.

Do we want to make a "PLC4J-Complete" / "PLC4J-all" Bundle which includes all the dependencies like API, Drivers etc.?

What you think?

The related issue at this point was that I think the maven package for the OPC UA driver is missing ?

Best regards
Matthias Strljic, M.Sc.

Universität Stuttgart
Institut für Steuerungstechnik der Werkzeugmaschinen und Fertigungseinrichtungen (ISW)

Seidenstraße 36
70174 Stuttgart
GERMANY

Tel: +49 711 685-84530
Fax: +49 711 685-74530

E-Mail: matthias.strljic@isw.uni-stuttgart.de<ma...@isw.uni-stuttgart.de>
Web: http://www.isw.uni-stuttgart.de<http://www.isw.uni-stuttgart.de/>

Re: One PLC4J Maven complete bundle

Posted by Julian Feinauer <j....@pragmaticminds.de>.
Hey,

another thing which I would like are "fat" driver jars for those people NOT using maven or something but simply plugin it inside a CP e.g. for Squirrel SQL.

Julian

Am 25.07.19, 17:01 schrieb "Julian Feinauer" <j....@pragmaticminds.de>:

    Hey Matthias,

    it works a bit like JDBC in the sense that you have to add all drivers separately into the POM you want to use.
    So you would regularily need to add "-core" and all the drivers you want to in the pom of your project (API should come transitively or you also have to add it in the pom?!).

    Julian

Posted by Otto Fowler <ot...@gmail.com>.
Maybe the project can add sample pom files that folks can use to bootstrap
themselves, and would be commented.

On July 25, 2019 at 11:38:52, Strljic, Matthias Milan (
matthias.strljic@isw.uni-stuttgart.de) wrote:

Hey Julian,

that's what I meant by adding the required drivers. I just wanted to ask if
there was any interest in a complete bundle.
I know the drawbacks of importing unneeded drivers, but I just had two
meetings today with students with little experience who had a hard time.

So I just wanted to ask if there was any other demand?

E-Mail: matthias.strljic@isw.uni-stuttgart.de<mailto: