Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by "Leath, Austin" <Au...@unt.edu> on 2022/03/01 20:36:55 UTC

Re: [EXT] Re: Re: Understanding Sharing Profile for Non-Admins

Thank you so much! This solves my issue

From: Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>
Date: Tuesday, March 1, 2022 at 12:48 PM
To: user@guacamole.apache.org <us...@guacamole.apache.org>
Subject: [EXT] Re: Re: Understanding Sharing Profile for Non-Admins
On Tue, Mar 1, 2022 at 12:33 PM Leath, Austin <Au...@unt.edu>> wrote:
Hello, we are utilizing the guacamole API and are really wanting to know if there is a PATCH API endpoint that allows us to add sharing profile connection permissions to user groups programmatically. All of the sharing profile connections are already created, all we need to do is figure out a way to add permissions for specific user groups to access them

This can definitely be done programmatically. The correct endpoint would be a PATCH:
api/session/data/postgresql/userGroups/<group name>/permissions

and the patch would look something like this:
[
  {
    op: "add",
    path: "/sharingProfilePermissions/<profile_id>",
    value: "READ"
  }
]

I just pulled this information out of the "Network" tab in my browser's developer tools section, so it might take some tweaking to get it right, but that should put you on the right track.

-Nick