Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Tobias Schulze-Heinrichs <t....@xplosion.de> on 2012/01/05 21:34:59 UTC

Kafka managed by zookeeper

Hello all,

I have an ensemble of 3 ZK Server. Do I need to configure all 3 zookeeper servers to my Kafka server or is there a possibility that it can get the address of 2 ZK out of one which is given at my Kafka configuration?

Best regards
Tobias

Re: Kafka managed by zookeeper

Posted by Neha Narkhede <ne...@gmail.com>.
>> is this an issue which is not implemented in Kafka or does zookeeper doesn't offer this information?

As far as I know, this is how the zookeeper client works today. It has
to know the list of hosts that constitute a zookeeper cluster (though
the connection url), it caches the IPs locally, and uses plain round
robin to pick the next server to connect to.

Thanks,
Neha

Posted by Pierre-Yves Ritschard <py...@spootnik.org>.

Posted by Tobias Schulze-Heinrichs <t....@xplosion.de>.