Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Andrew Nagy <an...@villanova.edu> on 2007/05/16 18:13:06 UTC

compile error with SOLR 69 MoreLikeThis patch

I downloaded and patched my solr source with the latest solr69 patch and
whenever I run ant I get an error:

[javac]
/office/src/apache-solr-nightly/src/java/org/apache/solr/handler/MoreLikeThisHandler.java:145:
cannot find symbol
[javac] symbol  : variable DEFAULT_MIN_DOC_FREQ
[javac] location: class org.apache.lucene.search.similar.MoreLikeThis
[javac]       mlt.setMinDocFreq(
params.getInt(MoreLikeThisParams.MIN_DOC_FREQ,
MoreLikeThis.DEFAULT_MIN_DOC_FREQ));
[javac]
^

Did I miss something, or maybe I have a non-compatible version of SOLR?

Thanks
Andrew

Re: compile error with SOLR 69 MoreLikeThis patch

Posted by Brian Whitman <br...@variogr.am>.
Nightly builds are here:

http://people.apache.org/builds/lucene/solr/nightly/

Won't have SOLR-69 in them though.

--
http://variogr.am/
brian.whitman@variogr.am

Re: AW: Re[2]: add and delete docs at same time

Posted by Mike Klaas <mi...@gmail.com>.
On 25-May-07, at 2:49 AM, Burkamp, Christian wrote:

> Thierry,
>
> If you always start from scratch you could even reset the index
> completely (i.e. delete the index directory). Solr will create a
> new index automatically at startup.

This will also make indexing and optimizing much faster for any non-
trivial size index.

-Mike

Re: AW: Re[2]: add and delete docs at same time

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
Just to be clear, [* TO *] does not necessarily return all
documents.  It returns all documents that have a value in the
specified (or default) field.  Be careful with that!   *:*, however,
does match all documents.

	Erik

Posted by "Burkamp, Christian" <C....@Ceyoniq.com>.
Thierry,

Posted by Thierry Collogne <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jack L <jl...@yahoo.ca>.

Re: add and delete docs at same time

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
On May 24, 2007, at 3:47 PM, Ryan McKinley wrote:

> currently no.
>
> Right now you even need a new request for each delete...

Unless you used delete-by-query with the id's OR'd....

	<delete><query>id:1 OR id:2 OR id:3</query</delete>

> Patrick Givisiez wrote:
>> can I add and delete docs at same post?
>> Some thing like this:
>> myDocs.xml
>> =====================================
>> <add>
>> </add>

One point about that example is that it is not well-formed XML.  At
the very least if we were to support multiple operations it'd be
wrapped to make it well-formed.

	Erik

Re: add and delete docs at same time

Posted by Ryan McKinley <ry...@gmail.com>.
currently no.

Posted by Patrick Givisiez <pa...@catho.com.br>.

Posted by Ryan McKinley <ry...@gmail.com>.
in /lib  next to the other .jar files

Posted by Andrew Nagy <an...@villanova.edu>.
duh++

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
Andrew,

Re: Logging errors from multiple solr instances

Posted by Clay Webster <we...@gmail.com>.
Perhaps not the most elegant, but running each index on a
different container & port works pretty well.  And we can tune
the jvm (and of course caches) differently.

--cw

Re: Logging errors from multiple solr instances

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: Is this addressed in 1.2 or is running multiple instances of indexes
: such a Bad Idea that supporting this would be leading a fool further astray?

I still haven't had a chance to try it myself using Tomcat, but here's
what i found the last time someone asked about this...

http://www.nabble.com/Re%3A-separate-log-files-p8396579.html

-Hoss

Logging errors from multiple solr instances

Posted by Walter Lewis <le...@hhpl.on.ca>.
I'm running solr 1.1 under Tomcat 5.5.  On the development machine there
are a modest number of instances of solr indexes (six).

In the logs currently the only way to distinguish them is to compare the
Searcher@someIdentifier, where the someIdentifier changes each time
Tomcat is restarted (depressingly frequently in my programming style).

This value isn't written out for commits and queries, as well as a
variety of other instances where distinguishing between the activities
posted against the various indexes would be useful.

Is this addressed in 1.2 or is running multiple instances of indexes
such a Bad Idea that supporting this would be leading a fool further astray?

Walter Lewis

RE: compile error with SOLR 69 MoreLikeThis patch

Posted by Andrew Nagy <an...@villanova.edu>.
Chris, thanks for the tip.  I think I am okay with pushing the trunk to my production server.  As we say around here, if you want to be on the bleeding edge, you have to be okay with bleeding every once in a while :)

Thanks again
Andrew

Posted by Andrew Nagy <an...@villanova.edu>.

On May 24, 2007, at 10:29 AM, Andrew Nagy wrote:

> That did the trick.  However, now I am trying to apply the patch to
> a fresh copy of solr on another server.  Whenever I do so, I get
> the following error from the patch command:

I just patched trunk two days ago with the latest (posted three days
ago) SOLR-69 patch, cleanly. Are you sure you are trying to patch the
trunk version?

Re: compile error with SOLR 69 MoreLikeThis patch

Posted by Brian Whitman <br...@variogr.am>.

Posted by Andrew Nagy <an...@villanova.edu>.
That did the trick.  However, now I am trying to apply the patch to a fresh copy of solr on another server.  Whenever I do so, I get the following error from the patch command:

patching file src/java/org/apache/solr/request/StandardRequestHandler.java
Hunk #1 succeeded at 23 with fuzz 2 (offset -1 lines).
Hunk #2 FAILED at 31.
Hunk #3 succeeded at 146 with fuzz 2 (offset 13 lines).
1 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file src/java/org/apache/solr/request/StandardRequestHandler.java.rej
(Stripping trailing CRs from patch.)
patching file src/java/org/apache/solr/handler/MoreLikeThisHandler.java
(Stripping trailing CRs from patch.)
patching file src/java/org/apache/solr/util/MoreLikeThisParams.java
(Stripping trailing CRs from patch.)
patching file example/solr/conf/solrconfig.xml
Hunk #1 FAILED at 385.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file example/solr/conf/solrconfig.xml.rej

Any ideas on how to get passed this?

Andrew
Change it to DEFALT or change the spelling error in the Lucene version.

--
http://variogr.am/
brian.whitman@variogr.am

Re: compile error with SOLR 69 MoreLikeThis patch

Posted by Brian Whitman <br...@variogr.am>.

--
http://variogr.am/
brian.whitman@variogr.am