Posted to dev@bookkeeper.apache.org by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com> on 2018/01/31 23:22:16 UTC

BP-27: New BookKeeper CLI

Hi all,

I created a new proposal for refactoring `BookieShell` into a new
bookkeeper CLI.

Because currently `BookieShell` becomes a giant class and there is no clear
definitions on the operation scope for each command, and the lack of
testability and extensibility makes things a bit hard to control and
maintain, when more and more commands are added into this class.

Here is the proposal:

https://github.com/sijie/bookkeeper/blob/1f710b9c85d5790035ec4ff96f748a1aadef5161/site/bps/BP-27-new-bookkeeper-cli.md

The proposal PR: https://github.com/apache/bookkeeper/pull/1093
A prototype to demonstrate the changes:
https://github.com/apache/bookkeeper/pull/1094

Please take a look and comments are welcome.

- Sijie

Re: BP-27: New BookKeeper CLI

Posted by Yiming Zang <yz...@twitter.com.INVALID>.
+1 to improve the the tool.