Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Tobias Bocanegra <tr...@adobe.com> on 2017/09/08 04:45:45 UTC

Donation of Adobe's content-package-maven-plugin

Hi devs,

tl;dr:
I'm about to contribute the content-package-maven-plugin to (jackrabbit) filevault. If you have any objections, please bring them forward.

More details:

The content-package maven plugin is a maven plugin that simplifies the creation of content package maven artifacts. The content packages can later be used to install content into a JCR repository using the Apache Jackrabbit FileVault packaging runtime.

Filevault was contributed 4 years ago, but we never had a tool to create the packaged during runtime. Adobe's plugin is publicly available, but only in binary form. With this contribution, we want to bring the source and development closer to the filevault core and to leverage the community better in driving this plugin further.

The respective positions in Adobe approved the contribution, I refactored the package space and cleaned up the copyrights. All is left to commit it somewhere. I plan to put it beside the filevault project at: https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jackrabbit/commons/package-maven-plugin.

alternatively, we could also request a git repository and only host it there. please advice.

more details about the location, java package name, plugin attract name can be found here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCRVLT-202

thanks.
regards, toby

Re: Donation of Adobe's content-package-maven-plugin

Posted by Tobias Bocanegra <tr...@adobe.com>.
Hi,

I committed the initial version here:
https://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1807995

I you don’t object, I will announce the donation to the users and announce list, in about 24h.
After that, I will try to cut release 1.0.0.

Thanks.
Regards, toby

Posted by Tobias Bocanegra <tr...@adobe.com>.
On 11 September 2017 at 18:57:04, Davide Giannella (davide@apache.org<ma...@apache.org>) wrote:
I don't have any specific preferences but I'm wondering that as the main
development effort has moved now to Oak if rather than put it under
jackrabbit it would make more sense to put it under somewhere in Oak.

Hi Davide,

Thanks for your input. FileVault is still called Jackrabbit Filevault, and Oak is actually called Jackrabbit Oak [0]. So I rather keep it as a sibling to FileVault.

Regards, toby

[0] https://jackrabbit.apache.org/oak/

Re: Donation of Adobe's content-package-maven-plugin

Posted by Davide Giannella <da...@apache.org>.
Hello Tobi,

On 08/09/2017 05:45, Tobias Bocanegra wrote:
> All is left to commit it somewhere. I plan to put it beside the
> filevault project
> at: https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jackrabbit/commons/package-maven-plugin.
>
> alternatively, we could also request a git repository and only host it
> there. please advice.

I don't have any specific preferences but I'm wondering that as the main
development effort has moved now to Oak if rather than put it under
jackrabbit it would make more sense to put it under somewhere in Oak.

D.

Re: Donation of Adobe's content-package-maven-plugin

Posted by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>.
Thanks! Personally I don't think 40 or so files is little code, although of
course large parts of that are tests and beans so that is for the PMC to
decide :-)

From a brief look at the code it looks clean, but I don't know the origin,
and the IP Clearance will add a record of the contribution being officially
donated from Adobe for the benefit of any future doubt.

On 12 Sep 2017 12:57 am, "Tobias Bocanegra" <tr...@adobe.com> wrote:

Hi Stian,

No :-( I was told, that this is not required for so little code. However, I
will start the IP clearance nevertheless.
Regards, toby

On 12 September 2017 at 08:35:27, Stian Soiland-Reyes (stain@apache.org)
wrote:

Good idea!

Have you already started IP Clearance [1] of the new contribution that was
developed outside ASF?

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/

Re: Donation of Adobe's content-package-maven-plugin

Posted by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>.
Good idea!