Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Tadayoshi Sato <sa...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/09 00:48:37 UTC

Most of camel-itest-osgi removed

Hi Camel Devs,

I just noticed that most of camel-itest-osgi were removed nearly a year
ago. I understand it was due to migration of old itests to the new
camel-test-karaf module. But I also suspect that there were indeed some
useful itests that had ensured a critical regression wouldn't happen.

Are there any thoughts on recovering those removed itests eventually?  Or
doesn't it just make sense?

Thank you,

Tadayoshi

Re: Most of camel-itest-osgi removed

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Tada

If you find some of these tests valurable you are welcome to migrate
them to camel-test-karaf and make them stable enough for adding back.
But mind there was many crap tests in there as well.

On Thu, Mar 9, 2017 at 8:37 AM, Tadayoshi Sato <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Claus. I understand that maintaining tests can be burden, and especially for flaky OSGi tests.
>
> Thanks,
> Tadayoshi
>
>> On Mar 9, 2017, at 15:38:06, Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> We dont have interrest in maintaining those tests. They sit there for
>> years going untouched and break from time to time.
>>
>> We only want a limited few set of tests that does a coarse grained
>> sanity check of osgi.
>>

>> On Thu, Mar 9, 2017 at 1:48 AM, Tadayoshi Sato <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi Camel Devs,
>>>
>>> I just noticed that most of camel-itest-osgi were removed nearly a year
>>> ago. I understand it was due to migration of old itests to the new
>>> camel-test-karaf module. But I also suspect that there were indeed some
>>> useful itests that had ensured a critical regression wouldn't happen.
>>>
>>> Are there any thoughts on recovering those removed itests eventually?  Or
>>> doesn't it just make sense?
>>>
>>> Thank you,
>>>
>>> Tadayoshi
>>

>> --