Posted to user@drill.apache.org by Subbu Srinivasan <ss...@zscaler.com> on 2016/05/09 19:30:57 UTC

Queries and Timeout

What is the best way to implement queries that are long running? If queries
take a long
time I get this error.

I understand that setting query timeouts are not yet supported in the JDBC
interface.
I get this error even if I run the query from the drill console (and  !set
timeout -1)

Error: SYSTEM ERROR: ConnectTimeoutException: connection timed out:

--
Pardon me for typos or  if I do not start with a hi or address you by name.
Want to make sure

Subbu

Re: Queries and Timeout

Posted by Abdel Hakim Deneche <ad...@maprtech.com>.
Long running queries shouldn't timeout. This is most likely a bug.

Is it reproducible ? Can you give more details about the query ?

Thanks

--

Abdelhakim Deneche

Software Engineer