Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Melton Low <so...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/01 18:39:15 UTC

How to shutdown Cassandra on Ubuntu?

I am just starting to play with Cassandra.  My environment is Ubuntu Lucid
10.04 and latest Cassandra stable 0.6.8 binaries.

I am unclear on how to shut down the Cassandra server. Documentation is
quite clear on starting up the server.  I didn't find anything useful on the
user mailing list archive. No luck Googling as well unless I missed it.

A pointer would be appreciated.

Mel

Re: How to shutdown Cassandra on Ubuntu?

Posted by Eric Evans <ee...@rackspace.com>.
On Wed, 2010-12-01 at 10:39 -0700, Melton Low wrote:
> I am just starting to play with Cassandra.  My environment is Ubuntu
> Lucid
> 10.04 and latest Cassandra stable 0.6.8 binaries.
>
> I am unclear on how to shut down the Cassandra server. Documentation
> is
> quite clear on starting up the server.  I didn't find anything useful
> on the
> user mailing list archive. No luck Googling as well unless I missed
> it.
>
> A pointer would be appreciated.

If you're using the official package, then using /etc/init.d/cassandra
(start|stop).

http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/DebianPackaging

--
Eric Evans
eevans@rackspace.com

Re: How to shutdown Cassandra on Ubuntu?

Posted by Rafał Krupiński <r....@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 18:39, Melton Low <so...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am just starting to play with Cassandra.  My environment is Ubuntu Lucid
> 10.04 and latest Cassandra stable 0.6.8 binaries.
> I am unclear on how to shut down the Cassandra server. Documentation is
> quite clear on starting up the server.  I didn't find anything useful on the
> user mailing list archive. No luck Googling as well unless I missed it.
> A pointer would be appreciated.
> Mel

Debian/Ubuntu specific way:
sudo invoke-rc.d cassandra stop