Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Xiaobo Gu <gu...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/06 17:30:32 UTC

Re: Which maven command to use to put all the binaries into the distribution layout?

mvn -Prelease  prompt me to enter a password for :GPG Passphrase:
And I can't provide one.

How can I build and package the release zip file without running the unit tests?

Another question, why the mvn download a lot of files from the
Internet while building?

Regards,

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
I imagine it's -Prelease,mahout_release that is missing from the
conversation. The build economizes the expensive process of building
full release packages unless you turn on the profile.

Posted by Xiaobo Gu <gu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jake Mannix <ja...@gmail.com>.
Nope, that's spurious output, don't worry about it.

  -jake

Posted by XiaoboGu <gu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jake Mannix <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jake Mannix <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
I just tried

Posted by Jake Mannix <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Xiaobo Gu <gu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
Use

mvn -DskipTests package

Posted by Xiaobo Gu <gu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
Which is glued to the package life cycle in Mahout.

Posted by Patrick Angeles <pa...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.